Halloween is just around the corner so it seems fine time to dust of my ‘ten things to do’ series, on the tenth of the month… you can see where this is going.
Granted, I’ve been looking at doing things with slightly more unconventional food items, vegetables and fruits but with pumpkins starting to fill the aisles (and quite cheaply I might add) in Lidl, Supervalu and the likes, it makes sense to start with the October favourite.
The kitchen at Chez McGuire last year was full of pumpkin cake slices, cupcakes with a pumpkin icing and, my favourite, just a big bowl of toasted pumpkin seeds (throw them in the oven instead of throwing them out!). If you’re looking for ideas of what you can do with pumpkins, then here’s 10 pumpkin recipes to get you started.
10 Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin, Duck Confit & Feta Panini (pure luxury sandwich)
- Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Cauliflower Wrap (looks divine)
- Pumpkin scones (with added cinnamon)
- Pumpkin cheesecake (because you know you want to!)
- Classic pumpkin pie
- Spinach-stuffed pumpkins (for something a little different)
- Pumpkin and rocket salad
- Roasted pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin and chickpea burger (nice veggie burger alternative)
Got a favourite pumpkin recipe yourself? Do let me know!