THE DOGS have been walked, the bread has been baked (I took care of that one last night) and I’ve also managed to push out the list of speakers for this year’s Foodcamp at Savour Kilkenny. Not a bad start to the morning in fairness. So, as I sit down to enjoy a read of the news from the past week on all matters food, technology, arts and culture, here’s a list of food articles that you may have missed this past week in the seventh installment of Sunday Brunch. You can catch last week’s round up here.
- Trendspotters Predict 2013 Will Be Year of Toast, Ancient Grains, Shared Pig Heads
- 12 Tips to Think Like a Chef | Eating Well
- Americans Eat Their Weight in Genetically Engineered Food
- 30 Irish food producers to be showcased in Smithfield
- Summit fails to boost Europe markets
- Limerick fares well in new Irish Food Guide
- Chocolate, apples and geese from Kilkenny’s Food Heroes
- Food producers urged to remove ‘toxic’ trans-fats from their goods
- Producers Reject Calls For Stricter Labels
- Small food producers urged to campaign against multinationals (Originating in Pakistan)
Wherever you are on your Sunday, I hope it’s a good one. Equally, if you’re up for a trip to Kilkenny on Friday, hopefully you’ll consider signing up for Foodcamp as well, taking place this coming Friday. Get the full details at Foodcamp.ie.