Here’s another recipe from the Bring It On Home cookbook, supporting Movember. The folks behind the book have sent on a few recipes to share so here’s a tasty looking Thai Lon of Pork and Prawn with Grilled Sea Bass.
75g pork mince
200g tiger prawns
100ml coconut milk
30ml fish sauce
2 shallots, sliced
1 stalk of lemongrass, finely sliced
30g wild ginger, finely sliced
30g chili, finely sliced
10g garlic, finely chopped
20g Thai red chili, finely chopped
3 whole sea bass or fillets
Coriander and mint for garnish
Juice of 1 lime
- In a deep pan, add some oil and gently fry your shallots until golden, add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chili and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the pork mince and break it up so you don’t have big lumps. When the pork has browned, add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Heat a griddle plan on high heat and place your lightly oiled sea bass in the pan and season. After about 4 minutes you should be able to turn the sea bass without it breaking; if it still sticks to the pan, it needs more time to cook.
- As the fish cooks, add your prawns, fish sauce and sugar to the pot containing the pork and herbs. Taste for correct seasoning; it should be sweet, salty, and sour.
- When the prawns are cooked, remove the mixture from the heat, add your lime juice and place into serving bowls. Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- When the sea bass is cooked serve alongside the prawn Lon.
For more on the book, check out Movember.com.