March has all but come and gone, we’re a quarter the way through the year, and summer time (at least in terms of how the clocks go anyway) has officially started.
Late in the day and all as it is – let’s just call this the late edition – here’s a selection of reads you may have missed this past week from other Irish and international food bloggers and writers.
- Margaret lays it down about eggs
- Bord Bia has awarded Ireland’s top horticulture businesses
- Are we underestimating the impact of our leftovers when we eat out? Geoff King and Sara Giorgi look at food waste in restaurants
- Sujatha’s got a tasty chicken satay and satay sauce recipe
- The EU has backed rules to stamp out organic fraud
- Ollie Moore takes a look at the Limerick Community Grocery
- Taryn Davies reckons that sugar-laden foods and drinks could triple your chances of dying from heart disease
- Wackaging: Has the conversational tone on food packaging gone too far?
- To dunk or not to dunk – that is the question. And the recipe.
- Marian Bull has everything you need to know about blanching
Got something to share? Drop me a line or introduce yourself via email by popping a note to email@example.com. You can also find more stories during the week over at facebook.com/anygivenfood or follow @anygivenfood on Twitter.