Food & Wine Magazine Restaurant Of The Year Awards Winners
The 2013 Food & Wine Magazine Restaurant Of The Year Awards took place over the weekend in The Four Seasons hotel, Dublin. While Kilkenny might not be going all the way this year in terms of hurling, the county continues to represent well on the food awards front with yet another win for Garrett Byrne (Best Chef, Leinster) and Campagne (Best Restaurant, Leinster) in the bag. Here’s a look at this year’s winners.
- Best Restaurant, Ulster: The Catalina Restaurant, Lough Erne, Fermanagh
- Best Restaurant, Munster: The Tannery, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Best Restaurant, Connaught: Kai Café, Galway
- Best Restaurant, Leinster: Campagne, Kilkenny
- Best Restaurant, Dublin: Restaurant Forty One, Residence, Dublin 2
- Best Ethnic & World Cuisine: Ananda, Dundrum, Dublin 16
- Best Chef, Ulster: Stephen Toman, Ox, Belfast
- Best Chef, Munster: Paul Flynn, The Tannery, Dungarvan
- Best Chef, Leinster: Garrett Byrne, Campagne, Kilkenny
- Best Chef, Dublin: Graham Neville, Restaurant Forty One
- Best Casual Dining: 777, Dublin 2
- Best Service: l’Ecrivain, Dublin 2
- Avant Garde Award: Fade Street Social, Dublin 2
- Hall Of Fame Award: Nick Price, Nick’s Warehouse, Belfast
- Hall Of Fame Award: Peter Caviston, Caviston’s, Dublin
- Best Wine Experience: Green Acres. Wexford
- Best Sommelier: Nicholas Faujours, La Fougere, Mayo
- Restaurant of the Year: Chapter One, Dublin 1
- Chef of the Year: Mickael Viljanen, The Greenhouse, Dublin
The shortlists (announced back at the start of August) and the winners list produced some new faces, great to see as the food and restaurant industry in Ireland continues to rise.
If I’m missing anything off the list, just let me know, but congratulations to all the winners and those commended at the awards yesterday as well. Hopefully the new accolades will keep people walking in your doors and keep the good food coming.