Foodie Roundup #19
We’re cruising into Sunday afternoon, one eventful week, one disaster-filled weekend later and there’s another week on the way. Having caught up on the reading of more Irish food blogs than one can shake a stick at, here’s your 19th Foodie Roundup featuring ten standout posts and recipes to whet your appetite.
- What does a vegan eat… for breakfast? via Adventures In Veg
- The Bloom via Dublin Barista
- Crop Rotation – what does it mean? via Greenside Up
- Artisan and Local Food Packaging Examples #6 via Biabeag
- Cured an Beeten Salmon via The Commis Chronicles
- Fionn’s Sweet Carrot Pancakes via I Married An Irish Farmer
- Trad Irish Cookalong: Beef & Guinness Casserole via Babaduck Babbles
- She sowed no green barley for that via Wheeler and Company
- Dishing It Up For Ireland via The Daily Spud
- Embrace Your Fussy Eater via Safefood.eu
Pictured above is breakfast from this morning, a full Irish at the Marble City Bar in Kilkenny. Nine euro gets you all the above plus tea/coffee and an orange juice. The weekend treat at what’s nearly the mid-point in this 30-day detox. Can you really have a full Irish breakfast if you’re supposed to be detoxing? After two weeks of no sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks, crisps and red meat, it can’t be all that bad? I’ll be the one drinking peppermint tea in the corner for the rest of the week.
Happy Sunday y’all.