IT PAYS to get up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday sometimes. Even before Sunday Brunch is published, we’ve (myself and Mrs. Any Given Food-to-be) already taken in a fundraising breakfast and hiked the dogs through the woods, leaving a full run of the day before settling in for some Netflix time this afternoon with the feet, somewhat, up.
If you’re only settling down yourself at this stage, then here’s ten stories from the news this past week that you may have missed, in what was another rocky week not only for the Irish food industry, but the processed food industry across Europe so once again, your Sunday Brunch comes with a side of horse meat topics for reading.
- How Diet Soda Makes You Fat (and Other Food and Diet Industry Secrets)
- Burgergate is good news for food industry
- Running A Family Business in Ireland (focus on Glenisk)
- Benefits of Plant Protein vs. Animal Protein (for the health conscious folk amongst you)
- Food Safety Scandals That Rocked The World
- UCD professor lands key food safety advisory role
- Horse meat scandal: our rotten history of food safety
- Horse-burger controversy a wake-up call for producers
- 7 Shocking Facts About Food Industry Marketing
- How Food Companies Exploit Americans (with ingredients banned in other countries)