Sunday Brunch #25
THE SUN might be out, but it’s a chilly Sunday all the same. Junk food and the science behind it has been making the headlines across the pond this past week while at home the horse-meat-for-beef controversy continues to gather steam. Here’s a mixed bag of stories plucked from the news this week gone for your 25th Sunday Brunch helping.
- Horse meat scandal: MEPs want tougher controls and sanctions to ensure food safety
- Why Cooking Can Save Your Life
- The extraordinary science of addictive junk food
- Diet drinks ‘not behind junk food cravings’
- Engineering deliciousness in the junk food industry
- Light-touch food regulation has served up this indigestible mess
- Baby food to be tested for horse DNA under new regime
- Antioxidants may not ward off strokes
- We must take responsibility for the food choices we make
- Pichet owner threatens legal action over TripAdvisor review
Got stories to share this coming week? Pop a mail to email@example.com. Happy Sunday!