THE FINAL bank holiday of the year is in, the clocks have gone back which means you either got an extra hour on the dance floor or an extra hour in the bed, or perhaps you got both, but however you look at it, it’s Sunday and with another week having gone by, this week’s Sunday Brunch brings you ten news items from the week gone. I’m planning on spending my Sunday milling around the food stalls at Savour Kilkenny, which will pack its bags around 5pm today. If you’re anywhere near Kilkenny, do try and get in as there’s a wealth of food to seek out and try. There is a charge to access the demos but the main stalls and parade area are all open to the public.
Anyway, here’s some Sunday morning reading for you.
- SVP: Some people ‘simply cannot afford food’
- My life on a plate: famous foodies’ food diaries
- Study suggests ways to improve local food economy
- Corporations Profiting Out Of Food Crisis
- Food companies rise to challenges of 21st century, claims Coveney
- Wheat: 200 Clinically Confirmed Reasons Not To Eat It
- Growing Pumpkins for Cooking, Eating, and Carving
- Celebrate food…from field to table!
- Bay Daily: Study: Farms Can Profit While Reducing Use of Chemicals by 80 Percent
- The 5 Top Food Trends Of 2012
Enjoy the day!