If you’re around the Howth Castle neighbourhood and up for trying your hand at some cooking classes, The Kitchen in the Castle Cookery School have an autumn winter programme with a couple of tasty looking gems mixing chocolate, fish and family dinners. Courses get under way from this Wednesday.
Here’s what’s happening
- Wednesday 9 October: ‘A Tea Party’, Perfect the art of making the prettiest and tastiest sweet and savory treats and an assortment of bite sized fancies that are sure to add a refined note to tea at any time of the day.
- Wednesday 16 October: ‘Fish from the Irish Coastline’ – Celebrate the wealth of Irish fish and make the most of Howth’s local produce from the Irish Sea and learn how to make delicious dishes.
- Sunday 20 October: ‘Cooking with Chocolate Cookery Course’ – This irresistible session is filled with mouth watering dishes using dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate treats.
- Wednesday 23 October: ‘Sushi and Sashimi Cookery Course’ – An elegant and healthy addition to any cooks repertoire. Unravel the simple methods of creating this versatile, light and impressive dishes.
- Thursday 24 October: ‘Everyday Family Dinner Cookery Class’ – Learn family friendly recipes that are sure to rejuvenate your dinner table.
Courses run 7pm-9.45pm, bar the Sunday chocolate cookery course which runs 11am to 2.30pm. For details on cost and booking information check out TheKitchenInTheCastle.com.