The dogs are walked, the red onion marmalade smells awesome (recipe to follow later), the dishes are done and it’s off to the county final for 2.30pm. Just your typical Sunday in Kilkenny, like. All that said, it means Sunday Brunch is a little more like Sunday Lunch with the timing but all the same, here’s ten articles worth a read from the world of food in the past week. Covering food safety, augmented reality with Jamie Oliver, chefs ganging up on food bloggers and more.
Put the feet up, lash on the kettle and enjoy…
- A Four-Point Plan For Feeding Nine Billion People
- FSAI finds highest number of food safety breaches in a decade
- Top chefs unite against blogger’s review (a disappointing read, all things considering, let me know what you think of this one)
- Buying a Turkey – More for the Thanksgiving market but some segments are equally applicable to Christmas, it’s not long now!
- Jamie Oliver brings 15-Minute Meals TV series and book to life through augmented reality
- Heston Blumenthal: “We don’t use nostalgia enough in food”
- Top 10 Tips for Bagging Groceries – If you’re out doing some fundraising or bag packing before Christmas, these tips might come in handy
- Gluten-Free Holiday Baking Tips
- Feeding the 5000: How food wastage inspired a movement
- Conservation Plus Agriculture Equals True Food Security