Are you passionate about food and love to cook? Do you constantly impress your friends and family with your culinary skills? Are you an amateur cook with amazing talent? If so, you might have what it takes to impress our judges, Nick Munier and Dylan McGrath and become Ireland’s MasterChef Champion!
Certainly one of RTE’s most popular food shows of 2011 is back and on the hunt for applications before June 1st and while this year gives people to the chance to bag the title of Ireland’s MasterChef, it also comes with a €25,000 cash prize, certainly enough of a financial boost to your wallet if you’re thinking on getting into or expanding a food business.
There are a few terms and conditions involved, such as
- You need to be 18 or over as of today (May 16 2012)
- You need to be an EU citizen, lawfully resident in Ireland and equally eligible to apply for a visitor or working visa to the USA
- You cannot have acquired any third level or other professional catering qualifications in the last 10 years.
- You cannot have worked full-time as a chef in a restaurant.
- All MasterChef contestants must be amateur cooks. If you have previous professional kitchen experience that the producers deem (in their entire discretion) could create an unfair advantage you are not eligible.
Update: Deadline changed from originally stated press deadline of Monday 28 May to Friday 1 June