It’s a mixed-weather Sunday in Kilkenny and grabbing the opportunity of a few extra hours sleep this morning, it’s time for the 29th Foodie Roundup, this week bring another selection of recipes and foodie thoughts from some of Ireland’s top food bloggers. If you’re looking for new reads, or didn’t get a chance to induldge in any Irish blog reading during the week, check out each of the 10 links below – you might even find something new!
- Trying Something Different via Greenside Up
- Mini Pork Pies with Bacon Jam (I really need to get my hands on some of this much-talked bacon jam) via I Can Has Cook?
- What Defines Good Cooking? via Holy Mackerel
- Matching Asian Food With Wine Basics via Travel Food
- Pesto Trapanese via Dinner du Jour
- Make Food, Not Excuses (with a recipe for Summer Vegetable Tian) via The Daily Spud
- Vegan Eating In Barcelona via Adventures In Veg
- Desperately Seeking Summer (with a recipe for Pissaladiere) via Food Fancies
- Some Toronto Food Highlights: Part 1 (I’m heading there myself in three months time) via Eat Like A Girl
- Take a Shedful of Oats and a Heap of Product Innovation via Biabeag.com
That’s the roundup until next Sunday, a weekend that has been in fear for the growing waistline surrounding the lunches and dinners in town when covering Kilkenny Arts Festival for ten days. Keep an eye out for a post with some festival eatery suggestions too. And, if you’re coming to Kilkenny any time between August 5th and 14th, be sure and book yourself something at KilkennyArts.ie, plenty to see and do over the ten days!