The Munster Regional Final for the Restaurant Awards 2012 sponsored by Santa Rita / Sunday Independent Life Magazine took place in The Imperial Hotel, last night. If you’re looking for the full list of winners in restaurants across Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford, skip to the jump.
Speaking at the awards last night, Adrian Cummins of the Restaurants Association of Ireland said
Since their inception, the Irish Restaurant Awards have cast a spotlight on Ireland’s hottest restaurants and chefs. They have become a byword for quality, class and achievement… The awards everyone wants to win. As a testament to their success, the entries have doubled since last year, with 5,000 nominations made for Ireland’s favourite Restaurants, Chefs, Gastro Pubs, Hotel Restaurants and Local Food Heroes throughout the Country.
We celebrate the award winning cuisines and the great restaurateurs and chefs who have brought international recognition and accolades to the Irish restaurant scene. We are the economic engine rooms in every town in Ireland, creating and maintaining much needed local employment. Our industry has annual sales in excess of €2 billion and we employ 64,000 people. In fact, we are the largest employer within the Irish Tourism Sector. And tonight, everyone is a winner’.
It was great to see over 240 restaurateurs attend the awards in the Ulster region this year., we look forward to seeing all of the Ulster County Winners in Dublin on the 14thMay 2012 where Regional and All Ireland winners will be announced’.
All County winners will now compete for the Regional and All Ireland Title which will be announced at the Irish Restaurant Awards in the Burlington Hotel Dublin on Wednesday 14th May 2012.
There are 3 components to phase two of the process. Each element is independently assessed by KPMG.
- Mystery Guest Visit (35%) This component of the awards is conducted by Prism Consulting headed by Hugo Arnold, independent food writer and consultant. (http://www.hugoarnold.com). All County Winners receive a mystery guest visit throughout the month of April.
- National Awards Academy (55%) The National Awards Academy is made up representatives from each of the regional judging panels and will meet in May to Judge the County Winners.
Read on for the full list of Munster restaurant award winners.
- Menu Judging (10%) All County winners and the Dublin Shortlist in each category are asked to submit a copy of their food menu and wine list for judging.
Read on for the full list of nominees.
- Clare: Town Hall Bistro
- Waterford: Athenaum House
- Tipperary: The Fairways Bar
- Limerick: The Mustard Seed
- Kerry: Jack’s Coastguard Station
- Cork: Isaacs Restaurant
- Clare: The Roadside Tavern
- Waterford: Jack Meades
- Tipperary: Larkins
- Limerick: The Lock Bar
- Kerry: Spillane’s Bar
- Cork: The Woodford
- Clare: L’Arco
- Waterford: McLeary’s
- Tipperary: Cafe Hans
- Limerick: La Cucina
- Kerry: Sol Y Sombra
- Cork: Nash 19
Best Hotel Restaurant
- Clare: The Long Room @ Lodge Doonbeg
- Cork: Longueville House
- Kerry: Cellar One Restaurant @ The Ross Hotel
- Limerick: The Oakroom Restaurant @ Adare Manor
- Tipperary: The Old Convent
- Waterford: The Munster Room @ Waterford Castle
- Clare: Wade Murphy of The Lodge @ Doonbeg
- Cork: Pat Kiely of Les Gourmandises
- Kerry: Noel Enright of The Chart House
- Limerick: Mark Donohue of Adare Manor
- Tipperary: Dermot Gannon of The Old Convent
- Waterford: Michael Quinn of Waterford Castle
- Clare: The Wild Honey Inn
- Cork: Les Gourmandises
- Kerry: Chapter 40 Restaurant
- Limerick: Cornstore Restaurant
- Tipperary: Brocka On The Water
- Waterford: O’Brien Chop House
Munster Wine Experience
- Hayfield Manor, Co. Cork
Munster Kids Size Me
- The Stone Cutters Kitchen, Co. Clare